Your Trusted Legal Representation
Dedicated to Meeting Your Legal Needs
When you choose Walker & Spang, LLC to represent your interests, you gain the confidence that comes with retaining a law firm with a reputation for success. Our law firm offers clients personalized, determined, and professional legal services throughout Chambersburg, PA, and surrounding areas.
Nathaniel F. Spang
Nathaniel F. Spang, Esquire, became an associate attorney with Walker & Spang, LLC in 2014 and is now the managing partner with the firm. His practice focuses on family and domestic law areas, including divorce, custody, support, alimony, and adoption. He also includes civil litigation, criminal defense, including DUI and Protection from Abuse (defense) cases, and general civil litigation matters.
Before joining Walker & Spang, LLC, Nate served as an Assistant District Attorney in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, from 2005 to 2014, where he was the Chief of the Special Victims Unit. As an Assistant District Attorney, he handled over one hundred trials, including jury and bench trials, for the prosecution. His caseload focused on child abuse crimes but included prosecutions for murder, kidnapping, and other violent offenses. As chief of the special victim’s unit, Nate was instrumental in establishing the Bucks County Children’s Advocacy Center. He received an award of appreciation from the Children’s Advocacy Center upon leaving the District Attorney’s office in October 2014.
Since moving to Franklin County, Nate has been able to use his vast trial experience to generate favorable results for his clients in the areas of family law, criminal law, and civil litigation. Much of Nate’s practice continues to be in the courtroom, and his focus remains on producing the best possible outcome for his clients, whether through negotiation or litigation.
Nate currently resides in the Chambersburg area with his wife and two children. In addition to his work with Walker & Spang, LLC and the legal profession, he has served his community as a director for the Boys and Girls Club of Chambersburg and Shippensburg and a director for the Chambersburg School District Foundation.
David F. Spang
David, who has been practicing law for more than 40 years, spent the first 30 years of his career in Berks County before moving his practice to Franklin County approximately fifteen years ago. During his career, David has served as a solicitor for several organizations, including the First National Bank in Fleetwood (now known as Fleetwood Bank) from 1978-2005, the Borough of Bernville, the Conrad Weiser Area School District, the Townships of Greenwich and Richmond, the Robesonia Zoning Hearing Board and the West Lawn Zoning Hearing Board.
In addition, David has also been a Director of the First National Bank in Fleetwood, the Western Berks Ambulance Association, the Berks County Bar Association, Habitat for Humanity of Franklin County, and The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC).
David lives in Chambersburg and is a Falling Spring Presbyterian Church member. He is also a member of the Franklin County and Pennsylvania Bar Associations, the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys, the South Central Pennsylvania Planning Council, and the Chambersburg Country Club. David is a licensed title insurance agent with Old Republic National Title Insurance Company.
David is experienced to assist you in the following areas:
Elder Law / Estate Planning and Administration
- Preparation of wills, trusts, power of attorney documents, special needs trusts, charitable trusts, living wills, and specialized estate plans
- Estate administration
- Orphans’ Court litigation, including guardianships
- Medicaid planning, applications, hearings, and appeals
- Nursing home issues
- All related tax returns
- Formation of all types of business entities
- Mergers and acquisitions, including multi-million dollar deals, but mostly small and mid-sized business entities
- Preparation of all pertinent documents, tax-related issues, structuring purchases and sales
- Franchise negotiations and contracts
- Licensed title insurance agent
- Handled thousands of settlements representing buyers, sellers, lenders, developers, builders, townships, boroughs, and municipal authorities
- Zoning hearings and appeals
- Subdivision and land development work
- Boundary disputes, easements, right of way problems
- Assessment appeals
Corporate & Banking
- Preparation of commercial and residential loan documents
- Review of all contracts for facilities and vendors
- Representation of corporations and banks in employment and insurance matters, corporate governance issues, human resource problems, collections and liaison with counsel on litigation and bankruptcy matters
Attorney Chase, an Ohio native, first moved to Pennsylvania in 2011. A 2015 graduate of Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, Attorney Chase also earned a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from Ashland University in 2010, and a master’s degree in criminal justice from Saint Joseph’s University in 2013.
While in law school, Attorney Chase interned at the Vermont Network Against Domestic and Sexual Violence, the Bucks County District Attorney’s Office, and the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General Bureau of Consumer Protection.
Prior to joining our firm, Attorney Chase clerked for the Honorable Thomas Campell in Adams County, was an assistant district attorney at the Franklin County District Attorney’s Office, was a staff attorney at MidPenn Legal Services, and then was in private practice with a local law firm for several years. She practices in the areas of family law, criminal defense, and civil litigation.
In her free time, Attorney Chase enjoys spending time with her husband, Josh, and her two dogs, Gidget and Leia.
Martha B. Walker, Of Counsel
Marty was the first woman admitted to the Franklin County Bar and chaired the Franklin County Bar Association’s Domestic Relations Committee for 30 years. In that role, she was instrumental in establishing the Court’s current Divorce Master System and Custody Conciliation Process. She has taught Domestic Relations courses at Wilson College and Penn State University and lectured at the Dickenson School of Law and the Pennsylvania Bar Institute. Marty is trained in Mediation and Conflict Resolution.
Marty has served on the Board of Directors of over 20 non-profit organizations in her community. She was also the first woman to serve as a bank director in Franklin County. Marty graduated from Wilson College and received her law degree from the Dickinson School of Law.
Below is a list of some of the many awards she has received and groups she has been affiliated with:
- Franklin County Bar Association – Past President
- First Female Recipient of the Edmund C. Singerd, Jr. Award from the Franklin County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association – Past recipient of the Gilbert Nurick Leadership Award as well as the Pro-Bono Award; former zone delegate; former County Bar Leader
- Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce – First recipient of the Athena Award
- Menno Haven, Inc. – Director
- Farmers & Merchants Trust Company of Chambersburg – Director
- Presbyterian Church of Falling Spring – Trustee
- Pennsylvania Department of Commerce Excellence in Business Award – past recipient
- Shippensburg University Foundation Unsung Heroes Award – past recipient
- Former Director of the following organizations:
- Franklin County United Way
- Capital Theatre Foundation
- Totem Pole Playhouse – Past recipient of the President’s Award
- Shippensburg University Raiders
- Wilson College Board of Trustees
- Chambersburg Counsel for the Arts
- Cumberland Valley Mental Health Center
- Legal Services, Inc.
- Salvation Army
- Chambersburg School District
- Endowment Fund
- Cumberland Valley School of Music
Speak With Our Legal Representatives Today
Our Areas of Practice
Family Law- Divorce & Alimony
Our attorneys recognize that going through a divorce is a complex, difficult life change. The decision to divorce opens the door to numerous difficult issues that must be resolved. Trust the legal representation of Walker & Spang, LLC to be your legal advocate.
We can help you in any of the following areas:
- Pre and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Divorce (contested and uncontested)
- Asset Division and Property Separation Agreements
- Spousal Support, Alimony Pendente Lite, and Alimony
Family Law- Custody & Support
We can guide you in the following areas, including but not limited to:
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Custody Modifications
- Legal Guardianship
- Grandparent’s Rights
Walker & Spang, LLC send our condolences for your loss. We understand that you are going through a challenging time; you need a team of legal advocates to guide you through the complexities of probate and estate administration processes.
We can help you with all the tasks of probate, including:
- Identifying Beneficiaries and Heirs
- Administration of Trusts
- Locating and Valuing Assets
- Filing Inheritance Tax Returns and Income Tax Returns for the Estate
- Paying the Estate’s Debts
- Distributing Assets According to the Terms of the Will, and if there is no Will, then According to the State Law
Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
Updated wills, powers of attorney, healthcare directives, and living wills are essential. Walker & Spang, LLC helps our clients with all elder care and estate planning needs. Contact us and schedule a consultation today. We assist in trusts, estate planning and wills, living wills, and powers of attorney.
Real Estate & Title Insurance
Whether buying, selling, leasing, or lending, let Walker & Spang, LLC be your real estate and title insurance attorneys. Purchasing or selling a home is most likely the most significant financial transaction that a person undertakes in their lifetime. Let our legal team help you with the complexities of real estate transactions.
If you or your business is involved in a civil claim involving a contract, estate administration, landlord-tenant, real estate, business dealings, or similar matters, Walker & Spang, LLC, is here to assist you. If you find yourself involved in civil litigation, contact us today.
Criminal Law / DUI
Mr. Spang now handles criminal defense matters, including:
- Drug Offenses
- Fraud and Financial Crimes
- Vehicle Code Violations
- Underage Drinking and Other Summary Offenses
Speak With Us Today
Get In Touch
We understand that every case is unique. Call 717-262-2185 or send us a message below to get in touch with our legal team.